A clean office is beneficial in countless ways. It facilitates productivity and focus, promotes pride in the workplace, maintains safety and hygiene, reduces risk, and encourages clients and customers to return.
Keeping a clean and tidy office is a joint effort involving all those who enter the space, staff, and professional cleaners. It is also ongoing. Some tasks should be done frequently, and others can be undertaken less regularly, such as once a month. Avoiding certain requirements can lead to bigger issues, so it’s best to know what needs to be done and when and keep on top of it. It is also important to know which jobs should be performed by a professional who has experience and relevant resources.
In order to keep staff and visitors safe, motivated, and happy, an office should be kept in an adequate state of cleanliness and tidiness. Having a list of necessary tasks that is easily seen by all relevant people can be useful. Our team at Cleantastic has developed the following checklist for you.
What Supplies Do I Need?
When it comes to cleaning, it is important to have effective and suitable cleaning products and tools. These can include the following:
- Non-toxic or natural all-purpose cleaning solutions such as disinfectants, white vinegar, rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda.
- Dishwashing liquid and soap.
- Toilet cleaners and brushes.
- Wipes, cloths, and paper towels.
- Tools and equipment such as vacuum cleaners, sponges, mops, and brushes.
- Containers, dispensers, and spray bottles of varying sizes for liquids, products, and tools.
Office Cleaning To Be Done Daily
Offices can be busy places with a lot of coming and going. Clutter is quick to accumulate, germs are easily shared, and day to day activities can result in dirt, grime, and general mess. With all that in mind, it’s understandable why efforts should be taken to maintain cleanliness on a daily basis before it becomes overwhelming and hard to manage.
Tasks that should be undertaken each day can include:
- Emptying bins.
- Wiping, disinfecting and dusting furniture, fixtures and mirrors.
- Vacuuming floors and carpets.
- Moping hard floors.
- Removing marks on the walls.
- Cleaning the toilets, sinks, and showers.
- Replacing paper hand towels and toilet rolls.
- Cleaning eating and drinking utensils.
- Cleaning kitchen appliances such as the microwaves, fridges, ovens, coffee machines, and dishwashers.
- Disinfecting telephones, door handles, lift buttons, and switches.
- Cleaning up food and liquid spills, and cup stains.
- Watering plants.
- Changing the water and removing dead flowers in vases.
Office Cleaning To Be Done Weekly
There are several tasks that should be done once a week. Some of these include tasks that are done daily but can gain significant results when done on a bigger scale.
Tasks that should be undertaken weekly can include:
- Cleaning windows and glass surfaces.
- Removing old food and tidying out the fridge.
- Washing and wiping windows and glass surfaces.
- Cleaning upholstery.
- Concentrating on hard-to-reach places, such as underneath furniture.
- Tidying cabinets and cupboards.
- Cleaning office areas that are difficult to access each day.
Office Cleaning To Be Done Monthly
Cleaning task that can be done less frequently or on a bigger and more thorough scale once a month include:
- Steam cleaning and shampooing furniture and carpets.
- Cleaning ceilings and skirting boards.
- Washing fabrics and materials such as curtains and cushion covers.
- Polishing necessary surfaces and objects.
- Discarding and removing unrequired objects, papers, and equipment.
Professional Office Cleaning Assistance
There are cleaning tasks that require certain resources and experience that professionals can more successfully undertake. Some are more strenuous and time consuming and are difficult to take on by office staff who are busy with their own roles. The Cleantastic team is committed to helping you maintain a clean and tidy office.
Services that we can offer include:
- Mopping and polishing floors.
- Steam cleaning carpets and furniture.
- End of lease cleaning.
- Thorough disinfection and cleaning after an outbreak of a contagious illness in the workplace.
- Removal of mould.
A Clean Office Is A Productive And Safe Space
Offices are often high-traffic areas, can involve activities that create clutter and mess, and are subject to day-to-day uncleanliness. Subsequently, it is crucial they are kept tidy and hygienic and undergo frequent cleaning.
People who are regularly in the office can contribute to this goal. Cleantastic’s professional cleaners can also provide assistance. We can come to your office occasionally, more frequently, or on a regular basis, such as weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly.
Get in touch to receive a quote and we can create a plan to keep your office clean and tidy.